Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera, is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, TAT Act 1973 (Act 101) to provide retirement and other benefits to members of the other ranks in the Armed Forces (compulsory contributors) and to enable officers and mobilised members of the volunteer forces in the service to participate in a saving scheme.
LTAT’s compulsory contributors are the serving members of the other ranks in the Armed Forces who are required to contribute 10% of their monthly salary to LTAT with the government as employer contributing 15%. The total amount credited monthly is equivalent to 25% of the monthly salary.
Voluntary Contributors are officers in the Armed Forces including commissioned officers and mobilised members of the volunteer forces with a minimum contribution of RM25.00 at a multiple of RM5.00 to a maximum of RM2,000.00 monthly.
There will be no contributions from the government and those who are interested can apply to participate in the saving scheme.
- Contributors will receive annual dividend and bonus which will be credited to the members account by end of the year and contributors will also receive special bonus in the form of free unit trust shares. However, this special bonus is based on LTAT’s current financial performance.
- Dividends and bonuses that are credited to the contributors’ account will qualify for future dividend and bonuses declared.
- Contributions to LTAT is tax deductible (up to RM4,000.00 per year).
- Death & Disablement benefits will be paid to the dependents of a contributor who passes away whilst in service.
- Withdrawal of contributions will be paid in a lump sum.
- Partial withdrawal is allowed for purchase of the first residential house or land for building a house.
LTAT always strives to identify new benefits to be given to the contributors, family and their next of kin.
Some of the additional benefits provided are:
- LTAT- YWP (Yayasan Warisan Perajurit) Education Excellence Award (AKP LTAT-YWP) provides educational assistance in the form of scholarships to children of ATM personnel in UPSR, PT3 , SPM and enrolled in university, while the children of former ATM for UPSR and PT3. In addition, the foundation also provides scholarships for “Role Model” and Sponsorship Learning Program called ” Tutor Online” for the eldest child of other ranks (LLP) who earn 3A 2B or 3A 1B 1C in the UPSR and has potential in order to become an example (role Model ) for other family members .
- Low cost houses offered to the personnel of the Armed Forces / retired personnel developed by LTAT group.
- Wira Niaga Award (with the cooperation of Affin Bank Berhad, PERHEBAT and Boustead Holdings Berhad).
LTAT will continue to identify new benefits from time to time.
Serving members of the other ranks in the Armed Forces will automatically be a contributor when they enroll in the Armed Forces. Deductions will be made on members’ monthly salary and the contribution amount will be forwarded by UGAT to LTAT on monthly basis.
Officers and mobilised members of the volunteer forces can participate as voluntary contributor by filling up an application form which is available free at (i) LTAT office (ii) download from the LTAT website at www.ltat.org.my (iii) e-kiosks located at main camps. UGAT will be adviced to process monthly deduction on payroll and to forward the monthly contribution to LTAT.
- For the compulsory contributor, membership is automatic as members are enrolled in regular service and the monthly contribution is forwarded to LTAT by UGAT.
- For the voluntary contributors, application will be approved immediately when LTAT received the application (subject to limitation of 2 times as a voluntarily contributors) and will be effective when the contributions are forwarded to LTAT by UGAT.
LTAT annual statement is no longer distributed to the contributors. However, contributors can view their contribution statement via LTAT’s online platform, i-Wira.
Payment will be made via credit transfer to the contributors’ bank account of choice. Listed are the 15 banks that have been appointed as the panel bank for LTAT:
|AFFIN BANK Berhad|
|Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd|
|Bank Simpanan Nasional|
|Hong Leong Bank|